Hot embossing of polymers is the cutting edge technology for the manufacturing of smart micro-components.
Our equipment is the HEX01 hot embossing solution from JENOPTIK Mikrotechnik designed for applications in the
emerging fields of micro-optics, microfluidics , smart materials and electronics subcomponents.
- It ensures highly precise moulding of any structures in polymers, especially microstructures with
aggressive aspect ratio (up to 150:1).
- This is the easiest way to replicate a nanostructured and expensive mould into a more useful and cheaper
- Nano-embossing can rapidly pattern large areas with feature sizes that previously required far slower and more
costly electron-beam or ion-beam patterning.
- These technologies now may pattern the nano-scale features on the master die.
- The master die then replicates the features onto whole wafers, if only a single level of patterning
is needed, or at chip size when several layers with an accurate overlay are required.
Initial nano-embossed products include optoelectronic devices such as gratings and lens arrays,
electro-mechanical devices such as SAW filters, and biotech devices, such as membrane chips for
filtering bacteria or cells in the biomedical, pharmaceutical, and food industries.
Back to Main Page