STS 320PC Reactive Ion Etching
The STS 320PC Reactive Ion Etching system is a single-chamber reactor.
Available process gases (fluorine chemistry)
- SF6, CHF3, O2 and H2
- separate mass-flow controller (MFC) for each gas
- pressure controlled separately by an APC valve between
the chamber and the turbo-pump
Substrate temperature control
- turbomolecular and mechanical pump in sequence, both purged by nitrogen
- ulimate vacuum 10-6 Torr
- heating ~30 °C
- chilling below 0 °C
- all system functions monitored by a PC-based process controller
- the reactor is surmounted by a glove box for a secure insertion and extraction of samples from
the process chamber.
Back to Main Page