Marco Laurenti received his MSc degree in Physical Engineering in 2011 at the Politecnico di Torino. His thesis work focused on the development of biocompatible thin films (a-Si:H, ZnO) for promoting osteoblasts cells adhesion. In February 2015 he received his PhD in Physics at the Politecnico di Torino, in collaboration with the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Center for Space Human Robotics. The subject of his PhD thesis was the sputtering deposition and characterization of pristine and doped ZnO piezoelectric thin films for sensing and energy harvesting applications. He is currently working as research assistant at the Politecnico di Torino. His activities and research interests include sputtering deposition of metal oxide thin films (biocompatible/bioactive porous films, electrochromic materials, thin films for memristive devices) and CVD growth of single layer graphene as nanoporous membrane for water desalination and oil/water separation.
- Laurenti, G. Canavese, S. Stassi, M. Fontana, M. Castellino, C. F. Pirri, and V. Cauda, “A porous nanobranched structure: an effective way to improve piezoelectricity in sputtered ZnO thin films”, RSC Advances 6 (2016) 76996–77004, DOI: 10.1039/c6ra17319e
- Laurenti, S. Porro, C. Ricciardi, C. F. Pirri, and A. Chiolerio, “Zinc Oxide Thin Films for Memristive Devices: a Review”, Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences (2016), DOI: 10.1080/10408436.2016.1192988
- Laurenti, S. Bianco, M. Castellino, N. Garino, A. Virga, C. F. Pirri, and P. Mandracci, “Toward Plastic Smart Windows: Optimization of Indium Tin Oxide Electrodes for the Synthesis of Electrochromic Devices on Polycarbonate Substrates”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8 (2016) 8032–8042, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b00988
- Laurenti, G. Canavese, A. Sacco, M. Fontana, K. Bejtka, M. Castellino, C. F. Pirri, and V. Cauda, “Nanobranched ZnO Structure: p-Type Doping Induces Piezoelectric Voltage Generation and Ferroelectric–Photovoltaic Effect”, Advanced Materials 27 (2015) 4218-4223, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201501594
- Laurenti, A. Verna, and A. Chiolerio, “Evidence of negative capacitance in piezoelectric ZnO thin films sputtered on interdigital electrodes”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 7 (2015) 24470-24479, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.5b05336
- Laurenti, S. Stassi, M. Lorenzoni, M. Fontana, G. Canavese, V. Cauda, and C. F. Pirri, “Evaluation of the piezoelectric properties and voltage generation of flexible zinc oxide thin films”, Nanotechnology 26 (2015) 215704 (9pp), DOI: 10.1088/0957-4484/26/21/215704