Sugata Barui graduated from Presidency College, Kolkata and postgraduated from IIT Kharagpur, India in Chemistry. She persuaded her PhD research on receptor mediated targeted cancer therapy at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India and postdoctoral research in pancreatic cancer at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA. She has several high impact factor publications, one book, patents, a funded research project and a few Scholarships. She has worked as DST- NPDF in Department of Chemistry & Biological Engineering at IIT Gandhinagar, India.
She is now working as a MSCA Post Doc in the TNH Lab, Torino.
- Cullis J, Siolas D, Avanzi A, Barui S, Maitra A, Bar-Sagi D. Macropinocytosis of Nab-paclitaxel Drives Macrophage Activation in Pancreatic Cancer.Cancer Immunology Research. 2017, 5, 182-190. (Impact factor: 8.284)
- Barui S, Saha S, Yakati V, Chaudhuri A. Systemic co-delivery of a homo-serine derived ceramide analog and curcumin to tumor vasculature inhibits mouse tumor growth. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2016, 13, 404-419. (Impact factor: 4.440)
- Barui S, Saha S, Mondal G, Haseena S, Chaudhuri A. Simultaneous delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin encapsulated in liposomes of pegylated RGDK-lipopeptide to tumor vasculature. Biomaterials. 2014, 35, 1643-56. (Impact factor: 8.402) – This work was recognized as Research Highlights in Nature India entitled ‘Curcumin perks up anticancer drug’ (doi:10.1038/nindia.2014.12) on 27 January 2014.
- Mondal G#, Barui S#, Saha S, Chaudhuri A. Tumor growth inhibition through targeting liposomally bound curcumin to tumor vasculature. J Control Release.2013, 172, 832-840. (Impact factor: 7.786;#Equal contribution)
- Mondal G#, Barui S#, Chaudhuri A. The relationship between the cyclic-RGDfK ligand and αvβ3 integrin receptor. Biomaterials. 2013, 34, 6249-60. (Impact factor: 8.402; #Equal contribution)