In this page you will find some
materials related to the meeting on ecological networks held at ISI Jan
11th-12th, 2006. This page is still work in progress.
- A general introduction to
message passing -- Michele Leone [pdf]
- Learning by Message Passing
-- Alfredo Braunstein [pdf]
- Message passing in boolean
regulatory networks -- Martin Weigt [pdf]
- Ecological networks: a pollination case
study form Mauritius -- Christopher Kaiser [pdf]
- Aphid-Parasitoid Food Web: motivations,
sampling, data -- Christine B. Müller [ppt]
- Food Webs Augmented with Additional
Data: Structure and Dynamics -- Daniel C. Reuman [ppt]
- Complex Interactions pattern in plant-animal networks --
Pedro Jordano [pdf]
Some papers suggested by Dan on
- Daniel C. Reuman, and J. Cohen, Trophic links’ length and slope in the
Tuesday Lake food web with species’ body mass and numerical abundance
Journal of Animal Ecology 2004, 73, 852–866
- Daniel C. Reuman, and J. Cohen, Estimating
Relative Energy FluxesUsing the Food Web, Species Abundance, and Body
Size ADVANCES IN ECOLOGICAL RESEARCH VOL. 36
- Joel E. Cohen, Tomas Jonsson, and Stephen R. Carpenter, Ecological
community description using the food web,
species abundance, and body size,
PNAS, vol. 100, 1781–1786, (2003).
- TOMAS JONSSON, JOEL E.
COHEN, AND STEPHEN R. CARPENTER, Food
Webs, Body Size, and Species Abundance in Ecological Community
Description, ADVANCES IN ECOLOGICAL RESEARCH VOL. 36.
Some papers suggested by the Torino
Connection (infortunately almost
all very technical...):
- A nice paper on message passing by M.
Mezard mostly focused on Error Correcting Codes but introductory[link]
- An introduction to the father of all message passing
algorithm: Belief Propagation. Understanding Belief
Propagation and its Generalizations by Jonathan Yedidia [link].
- A message passing algorithm that counts the number of loops
of a given length in a graph [link]
Some recent papers on applications of message passing algorithms from
our group in Torino:
- Our long and probably too technical paper on how we use
message passing techniques in the case of Boolean Regulatory
- The paper on learning by message passing [link].
- Statistical inference of protein functions using message
Some papers suggested by Jordi
- Ecology Letters, (2002) 5:
Letters, (2003) 6: 69–81 [pdf]
A. Fortuna and Jordi Bascompte, "Mutualistic networks and habitat loss"
J. Melian, and Jordi Bascompte, "Food Web Cohesion"
Ecology, 85(2), 2004, pp. 352–358, [pdf]
Bascompte and Carlos
J. Melian " Ecology, 86(11), 2005, pp. 2868–2873 [pdf]
Bascompte, Pedro Jordano, Carlos J. Melian, and Jens M. Olesen, "The
nested assembly of plant–animal mutualistic networks", PNAS August 5,
2003 vol. 100 u no. 16 u 9383–9387 [pdf]
Group in Torino