Name: Andrea Pagnani
Place/Date of Birth: Rome,
September 4th 1970
Working Address: Human Genetic Foundation, Via Nizza 52 I-10126 Torino - Italy
STUDIES AND RESEARCH
Research Scientist and Co-Pi at Human Genetic Foundation (HuGeF-Torino) .
Research Contract at ISI Foundation in Turin.
- 2002 European
Community's Human Potential Program Fellowship, in the Laboratoire de
Physique Theorique et Modeles Statistique, (LPTMS), Universite Paris
Sud (ORSAY), under the supervision of Prof. M. Mezard and Prof. Olivier
- 2001 Research
Contract at University of Roma ``La Sapienza'' under the supervision of
Prof. Giorgio Parisi.
- 2001 PhD
in Physics at University of Roma ``Tor Vergata'' under the
supervision of Profs. Giorgio Parisi, Enzo Marinari and Luca Biferale.
Thesis Title : ``Complexity in random systems: A study of glasses,
surface growth and RNA models''.
Degree in Physics at University of Roma ``La Sapienza'' under the
supervision of Prof. Giorgio Parisi. Laurea cum laude. Thesis Title:
``Complexity in random systems: A study of glasses, surface growth and
ORGANIZATION OF SCIENTIFIC EVENTS
Teaching Assistant to Prof. E. Marinari in ``Computational Physics''
held at University Roma ``La Sapienza''.
- 2003 Supervision of the Master Student Carlo Amoruso, Diploma in Physics at University Roma ``La Sapienza''.
- 2004 Course of Statistical Mechanics of Optimization’s Problem held at the Ph.D. School of Physics of Politecnico di Torino
PhD. course in ``Statistical Mechanics of Optimization Problems'' held
at ``Politecnico'' di Torino.
- 2007 Invited course Statistical Mechanics of Optimization’s Problem held at
the Latino American School of Physics held in Porto Alegre (Brasil).
- 2008 Invited course on Inference of Regulatory Networks, held for the Academy of Science Beijin (Cina).
Course in Introduction to Population Genetics, held for the Ph.D.
school of Complex Systems in Physics and Life Science, University of
- 2009 Supervision of the Ph.D. student Fabio Rosa Complex Systems in Physics and Life Science, University of Turin.
- 2010 Cours in Introduction to Molecular Biology, held for Ph.D. School at ``Politecnico'' di Torino.
ONGOING SCIENTIFIC COLLABORATIONS
EXYSTENCE Thematic Institute on Complex
Biological Networks: Gene Regulation and Protein Interaction,
held at ISI, Villa Gualino, Torino, Italy.
COSPICO 05: Common trends in
statistical physics, information theory, and combinatorial optimization.
Satellite meeting of ECCS'05. November 17th , 2005 Cité
Internationale Universitaire de Paris
- 2006 Member of the Ph.D. School in Complex Systems in Physics and Life Science University of Turin.
- 2007 Coordination and organization of the satellite meeting of STATPHYS XXIII: Statistical Physics of Biological Information.
Universite Paris Sud [Orsay],
University Roma1, ICTP Trieste, Politecnico Torino, Genopole Evry
France, Ecole Normale Superieure Paris, University of La Habana
Cuba, Microsoft Research Seattle, Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center New York.